Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Update

Still going crazy painting hairs on my appaloosa. Just started the left side, in grey then I will slowly build up to white. This ads depth to the coat (well hopefully), first time painting this way in Acrylic paints.


 Right side nearly done, can't wait to finish this girl, neither can my cramped hands!



Acrylic paints dry out very quickly, so keeping them useable requires wet paper towel and then baking paper over the top. The baking paper keeps the paint from soaking into the paper towel. I got this tip from someone else's blog, I can't remember who but thank you it has been most helpful!



2 comments:

  1. Wow that blanket is looking super, definitely going to do that for my next appy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clare! If you do, do this for your appy be prepared for crossed eyes and cramped hands lol!

    ReplyDelete