Pages

Thursday 12 December 2013

Fixing broken OF part 1

Sadly one of my OF models decided he wanted to be docked, while he insisted I wasn't so sure. After some humming and hawing I decided I would try and fix his extreme hair cut. First time for everything right? The only good thing about my tail-less friend was his colour, I find the darker the better for repair work.    


Trusty dremel in hand, with a attachment that is long and pokey (yep thats it's technical name) . I started to make small indents into his tail and dock. 



The indents are for a small piece of wire, which will give the tail more strength. I have also rounded off both tail and dock to leave space for the glue and epoxy.  



Baking soda and super glue are a match made in heaven. This match forms one of the strongest bonds kinda like Thor and Mjollnir... mmm Thor.




Ok, ok back to tails. Put the glue on first then sprinkle the baking soda over the top. 
Pro Tip: If you blow off the excess baking soda into your eyes make sure you do NOT have super glue on your hands when you rub your eyes... 


Next post (after you remove your glued fingers from your face) will be sanding, sanding, sanding and some more sanding! 


No comments:

Post a Comment