Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2018

NaMoPaiMo -- Process

NaMoPaiMo was stressful this year, it had been over a year since I've picked up a paint brush but I knew I wanted to do it. Gotta get back into painting and creating this year. My model was the cantering warmblood stablemate, which I resculpted the mane on. I'm kicking myself of not taking more photos of the process. 

I had "help" in the form of puppies demanding pats. (One of the best parts that I got from NaMoPaiMo's facebook was the toothbrush sander. It saved me so much time and sore fingers!)


I started to airbrush but then I dropped her chipping her down to the primer. I was super bummed that I had to strip her and start again but looking at her I was waaay too yellow in my base coat.  


This was what she was looking like just before I sprayed her with sealer. I was happy with her colour!


Then this, I was heartbroken and time was running out! I thought it was the sealer but kind people of facebook said it's likely the primer. Which it was, as I lightly sanded it down. I didn't have time to restart yet again, lucky for me someone suggested white markings! So she was destined to be a pinto.    





No comments:

Post a Comment