Pages

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Picking Aces

For awhile I've been trying to decide what model would be Ace's mini me. If I had money for resins my favourite would be Indian Silver but alas I'm sticking with plastic.

Ace is pretty much your standard Arab: refined shaped head, dished profile and small muzzle. An arched neck, compact body with short back and naturally high tail carriage. 
 

So the search is on for a plastic body for me to customise into Ace's likeness. 


Never a huge fan of Justadream but after seeing this Breyerfest auction special in this colour, wow! The weird double shoulder would have to go but I do like the head down version better. 


Then there is Weather Girl, I real like this sculpt but its doesn't say Ace to me...

Now Ethereal is chunky and not perfect but I do see Ace in there.


Ashquar is awesome but real Ace would find that pose involves way to much energy.


I know there are some other Arabian sculptures I'm missing. Does anyone see one thats fits Ace that I'm not seeing?

Thanks to Identify Your Breyer for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment