Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Round and Round

So with Ace settle into his new home, it's time to start seeing what he knows. We started in the round pen with ground work. Truth be told I dislike the word 'natural' horsemanship, please tell me what is natural about strapping a cows hide onto a prey animal and then a predator sitting on it? I think I will just stick to horsemanship/partnership terms.


Now I would like to point out I do have a wonderful friend that studied under Buck Brannaman. She is wonderful at guiding us when we run into holes. She keeps me on point and makes me ask for more because she knows we both can do better. 


I let him be lazy at times and kind of nag him to much, instead of one good correction. We are still learning and working each other out. 


 He likes to keep me in his left eye, so I work more on the right to get him use to seeing me there. Very smart, responsive and he does listen quite well. 



So this is round penning, getting him back into shape and connecting with him. Soon will be adding the saddle and continuing our journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment