Pages

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Progress

A quick photo of my WIP appaloosa sport horse. I am trying out a new way of painting with acrylics, thanks to Jaime Baker's videos. I have gone cross eyed a few times... so many dots. I have a feeling that this is going to take me a long time to paint.


I have found that I'm a very messy painter and I can be clumsy at times too. I have often slipped with my paint brush or accidently been waving it around to close to the horse. This leads to the horse getting scratched with the metal of the paint brush. 


So to save my work from my clumsiness I sticky tape the very top part of the metal. Don't cover the bristles, just the metal. Go around the brush only once then cut of the excess tape. This layer of tape will stop any scratches from the metal. 


I also apply the tape to my dusting brush. I hope this was helpful, I know most people are not as clumsy  as me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment