Pages

Monday 20 February 2012

Sidetracked

I can never get one project done without starting a million others. I now have strong doubts that my Arabian costume will ever be finished. Its so hard to keep on track especially went  bodies that scream fix me! show up at my door. 

I bought this ISH not planing to fix up but when he got here he was a mess. The tissue paper has stuck like glue and after a good washing there is still white paper in his paint. He has also turned very sticky and there is finger marks all over. Plus his paint job is so thick and it has run in many places.


So after some soaking and scrubbing my black horse turned white. 
I have also squared him up and have plans to straighten his head.


My best friend for removing paint is what most people use to scrub dishes, nylon scourers. They cost next to nothing and are so amazing at removing paint without taking off any detail.  Great for rubbing over OF models just before priming them, I find it helps the primer get a better hold. And mostly they don't remove detail like sandpaper would. 



No comments:

Post a Comment