Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Tack Tip

This is how I add bling with my own silver tape. I am not sure if you can buy silver tape or not but it is super easy to make yourself! Take some plain old aluminium foil, doubled sided tape and scissors.
   
 

Stick the tape to the more shiny side of the foil.


Trim or rip off the extra foil from around the tape.


Cut out your desired shape, it is very easy to cut out any shape you want. But make sure you leave the back on till after you finish cutting. 


Place your bling! I used this method for my show halter:


And after you have placed the foil you can press patterns into it. Just take a sharp pencil and carefully press into the foil. Don't press to hard or it could rip but the best thing is you can easily pull off the tape and start again.


3 comments:

  1. That halter is really REALLY neat!!!! It looks great on the pretty pony!! Well Done!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea! I use double sided tape all the time and yet this had never occurred to me! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so innovative, why havn't I thought of that! This really is quite cool - I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete